Nothing eases u more, than a Smile :)

The Notes

They call me Raju I have lived for 24 years. My Favorite Thing Is MUSIC Remember, "Never ever frown... U never know who is falling in love with your Smile !!!"

Music of Others

Leave an Echo

My Recent Melodies

  • Love me as I am....
  • I am never BUSY, coz I do it RIGHT the first time
  • blogs are meant to be abandoned?
  • ON@CC
  • Bangalore woes continues. . .
  • Bangalore woes
  • Filler post...
  • POLL !!!
  • For all the nice guys . . . .
  • True!!!
  • Past Sounds

    Friday, February 24, 2006

    Prophet Mohammad & Danish Cartoons


    Sep 30th 2005, the day when the Danish newspaper "The Jutland Post" published an article titled "The face of Muhammad", the day when the editor of this newspaper called upon the cartoonists to depict how Muhammad might have looked, gave raise to a backlash of millions of muslims all around the world, not only against the newspaper or the cartoonists or the editor or the Danish government or the European countries but also US of A.
    I dont know what made me write this post, coz i dont have any singularist view about the cartoons or the incidents which followed it. I can say I have mixed views on this.
    Firstly, I dont understand why ONLY muslims react the way they did just coz some stupid newspaper published some satire cartoons on their Prophet. I mean, I can understand the sentiments outburst of their's but in this way? killing their own people? burning their own property? so much of violence? for whose sake? I am sorry to say, no one else would have acted anyway near to the manner in which these people have reacted.
    just see this : "A Pakistani political party, Jamaat-e-Islami apparently offers a roughly $10,000 reward to anyone who kills one of the cartoonists" HOLY COW!!! can you imagine this kind of statement being made by a POLITICAL PARTY???!!!

    This is what the editor had to say about the cartoons : "The cartoonists treated Islam the same way they treat Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism and other religions. And by treating Muslims in Denmark as equals they made a point: We are integrating you into the Danish tradition of satire because you are part of our society, not strangers. The cartoons are including, rather than excluding, Muslims...Angry voices claim the cartoon is saying that the prophet is a terrorist or that every Muslim is a terrorist. I read it differently: Some individuals have taken the religion of Islam hostage by committing terrorist acts in the name of the prophet. They are the ones who have given the religion a bad name"

    This does make some sense, but yeah, the point is, what was the NEED to have these cartoons published at the first place? I bet, the editor knew what he will be facing few days after he publish the cartoons. One of the cartoons, show a caricaturist drawing the face of Muhammad by looking over his shoulder and sweating. This is a clear indication that they knew about the repurcussions. So, I do feel, there ought to be a limit for humour, especially when these newspapers have some sort of social obligations to fulfill.

    I hope, the controversy dies down soon, and the political leaders dont blow up this again to get a mileage out of this, as we already know how a small silent processions can turn into a big blood shedding protests.

    LET PEACE PREVAIL !

    --Raju PP at 9:46 AM
    5 comments

    ______________________________


    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com